Our 11th Annual UpCup competition will be hosted on May19th, 2018 at 4:00 pm at Upland’s West Side Production Facility at 4060 Profile Pkwy in Bloomington.
Here are the details
- Entry Fee: $5, one entry only per home brewer. Please include cash or check payable to Upland Brewing Co. with your entry.
- Entry forms are found HERE. These forms need to include ALL brewer information, including category and subcategory, which can be found HERE. Please note that we will be using the 2015 style guidelines.
- Brewers must supply two bottles containing at least 12 oz. each.
- Brewers must have a printed label on each bottle. Templates for labels are found HERE: PLEASE ATTACH YOUR LABELS TO BOTTLES USING RUBBER BANDS, DO NOT TAPE LABELS TO BOTTLES.
- Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your entry if you would like your scoresheet mailed to you after the competition. Scoresheets will also be available to pick up at the rally or at Upland’s Profile Parkway address after the event.
- We do not accept any ciders or meads. All beers must be fermented with Saccharomyces only and require less than two months from brew to bottle. Kettle soured beers are allowed.
Entries may be dropped off at any of the following locations by Saturday May 12th, 2018:
- Upland Brewery, 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Upland Bloomington Brewpub, 350 W. 11th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Upland Bloomington Wood Shop, 350 W. 11th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Upland Indy Tasting Room, 4842 N. College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Upland Carmel Tap House, 820 E. 116th Street, Carmel, IN 46032
- Upland Columbus Pump House, 148 Lindsey St, Columbus, IN 47201
If shipping is required, please send to our production brewery at 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
When coming to the event please have your American Homebrewers Association (AHA) card or be prepared to renew your membership or join the AHA if you are not already a member. Anyone not interested in having an AHA membership is asked to donate $40 to a local charity. http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/. There is no charge for Designated Drivers. You can enter the competition without attending the event, but your attendance is encouraged.
Food will be available for purchase and beer is included with entry. VIP brewery tours will be held throughout the event. There will also be a raffle for great items from the American Homebrewers Association and Upland. At the end of the night, our UpCup winner will be chosen. The winner receives the UpCup trophy, and their recipe will be brewed by Upland brewers. This beer will be entered in the 2018 Pro-Am competition at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado and will be featured on tap at all Upland locations. Awards are given to second and third place, as well. New for 2018, we will also have a prize for the best beer name so get creative!
Please contact Upland brewer, Patrick Lynch, at email@example.com with any questions.