It’s about that time of year where our focus at Upland turns to our homebrewing brethren. Every summer, Upland Brewing Company hosts the UpCup, a homebrewing competition where brewers can have their beer judged by BJCP judges, professional brewers, and other brewing industry professionals. Our 7th Annual UpCup competition will be hosted at our production facility on June 7th, 2014 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm, 4060 Profile Pkwy in Bloomington.
Here are the specific details:
Printable instructions can be found here: https://www.uplandbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/UpCup-Entry-Instructions.pdf
Please RSVP to the AHA rally here: http://www.
- •Entry Fee: $5, one entry only per home brewer.
- •Entry forms are found at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_EntryRecipe.pdf. These forms need to include ALL brewer information, including category and subcategory. This information can be found at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2008_Guidelines.pdf.
- •Brewers must supply two bottles containing at least 12 oz. each.
- •Brewers must have a printed label on each bottle. Templates for labels are found here: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BottleID.pdf.
- •We do not accept any ciders or meads. This year we will also not allow any beer entries that require more than 3 months to produce from malt to bottle. Any beer brewed with non-Saccharomyces derived fermentations will also not be allowed.
Entries may be dropped off at any of the following locations, and must be delivered by May 31st, 2014:
•Upland Brewery, 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
•Upland Bloomington Tap House, 350 W. 11th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404
•Upland Indy Tasting Room, 4842 N. College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46205
•Upland Carmel Tap House, 820 E. 116th Street, Carmel, IN 46032
If shipping is required, please send to our Brewery at 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
When coming to the event please have your American Homebrewers Association (AHA) card or be prepared to renew your membership or join the AHA if you are not already a member. Anyone not interested in having an AHA membership is asked to donate $40 to a local charity. http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/. There is no charge for Designated Drivers.
Complimentary food and beer samples will be available, and VIP brewery tours will be held throughout the event. Last year’s winning entry from Tom Wallbank, a Berliner Weisse named Breakfast will be on tap for all to enjoy. There will also be a raffle for great items from the American Homebrewers Association and Upland.
At the end of the night, our Up Cup winner will be chosen. The winner receives the UpCup trophy, and their recipe will be brewed by Upland brewers. This beer will be entered in the 2014 Pro-Am competition at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado. The winning beer will also be featured on tap at all Upland locations. Awards are given to second and third place, as well.