Packaging team members perform daily tasks relating to the packaging of beer in the main production facility. Typical work hours are 8 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday, although some days may run longer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Building case boxes and cleaning kegs to prepare for the week’s packaging demands.
- Participate in kegging in accordance with Kegging protocol.
- Participate in bottling line activities: including bottle depalletization, case packing, palletizing, stretch wrapping, and bottling line prep and clean up.
- Participate in variety pack building.
- General cleaning of assigned area
- Floors, sweeping/scrubbing bottle line/keg pads
- Trash removal
- Recycling of broken bottles
- Other tasks as assigned by Packaging and Shipping manager
- Adhere to safety and quality procedures.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must be self-motivated, able to take direction from management and colleagues, have the ability to maintain a good attitude and be level headed under stress.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Certification on Forklift operation preferred.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Passion for craft beer preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Packaging is a physically demanding job that requires extended periods of standing and frequent motion. Other physical requirements include but are not limited to: The ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds employing traditional lifting methods. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work in a moderate noise level for extended periods of time with hearing protection.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.