Key Accounts Manager
Is your “Beer IQ” off the charts? Got a knack for sales in the craft beer industry? Let’s talk. We’re looking for a Key Accounts Manager and you might be the perfect fit. This position manages relationships between brewery and On & Off premise key chain accounts within Upland’s core Midwestern distribution footprint. Responsible for select venues such as entertainment complexes, casinos, and concert halls as assigned. Responsible for profitably managing business results (volume, share, profit) among assigned accounts/chains. Collaborates on the development of national key account programming initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and nurtures value-enhancing strategic partnerships with key on and off premise accounts within assigned territory.
- Utilize sales tools (IRI, Nielsen, VIP) to analyze, develop, and execute strategic sales plans.
- Responsible for developing and executing key customer initiatives.
- Schedules and conducts regular sales calls with customers including business reviews and programming presentations.
- Adheres to quality standards for product freshness and presentation. Develops and implements POS materials and display enhancers. Responsible for store-level education and support.
- Manages the communication of expectations and timelines among the customer, brewery staff, and distribution partner including product release schedules, volume forecasts, pricing, distribution targets, and support materials.
- Responsible for all planning and communication required for flawless execution in the field.
- Conducts frequent surveys to ensure accurate pricing and programing is executed per quality standards.
- Develops annual budget plans by chain/account – tracks and reports progress weekly.
- Performs administrative duties in a timely fashion (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, surveys, and all other duties as they are assigned).
- Coordinates and participates in regularly scheduled sales meetings among distribution partners and internal brewery staff.
- Maintains and publishes updated account list including detailed communication history.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a myriad of customer-facing events such as festivals, store tastings, beer dinners, brewery tours, educational seminars, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional demeaner and presentation at all times – including situations in which alcohol is present.
- Regular travel is required.
Additional duties may be assigned as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for the craft beer industry at large and associated culture
- High “Beer IQ” and insatiable thirst for knowledge of craft beer, brewing processes, and trade information.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to play well with others – create, collaborate, learn, and educate.
- Advanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- A valid driver’s license & clean driving record.
Minimum Education &/or Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 – 5 years of sales/marketing experience within the craft beer industry
Do you think you have what it takes? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.