Our 10th Annual UpCup competition will be hosted at our production facility on April 29th, 2017 at 4:00 pm, 4060 Profile Pkwy in Bloomington.
Here are the specific details:
- Entry Fee: $5, one entry only per home brewer. Please include cash or check payable to Upland Brewing Co .with your entry.
- Entry forms are found at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_EntryRecipe.pdf. These forms need to include ALL brewer information, including category and subcategory. This information can be found at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOW BE USING THE 2015 BJCP STYLE GUIDELINES.
- Brewers must supply two bottles containing at least 12 oz. each.
- Brewers must have a printed label on each bottle. Templates for labels are found here: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/SCP_BottleID.pdf. PLEASE ATTACH YOUR LABELS TO BOTTLES USING RUBBER BANDS, DO NOT TAPE LABELS TO BOTTLES.
- Please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with your entry if you would like your scoresheet mailed to you after the competition. Scoresheets will also be available to pick up at Upland’s Profile Parkway address the day of the competition and thereafter.
- We do not accept any ciders or meads. This year we will also not allow any beer entries that require more than 3 months to produce from brew to bottle. Any beer brewed with non-Saccharomyces derived fermentations will also not be allowed.
Entries may be dropped off at any of the following locations by Saturday, April 22, 2017:
- Upland Brewery: 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Upland Bloomington Brewpub: 350 W. 11th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404
- Upland Indy Tasting Room: 4842 N. College Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Upland Carmel Tap House: 820 E. 116th Street, Carmel, IN 46032
- Upland Columbus Pump House: 148 Lindsey St, Columbus, IN 47201
If shipping is required, please send to our production brewery at 4060 Profile Pkwy, Bloomington, IN 47404
When coming to the event please have your American Homebrewers Association (AHA) card or be prepared to renew your membership or join the AHA if you are not already a member. Anyone not interested in having an AHA membership is asked to donate $40 to a local charity. http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/. There is no charge for Designated Drivers. You can enter the competition without attending the event, but your attendance is encouraged.
Food and beer samples will be available, and VIP brewery tours will be held throughout the event. There will also be a raffle for great items from the American Homebrewers Association and Upland. At the end of the night, our UpCup winner will be chosen. The winner receives the UpCup trophy and their recipe will be brewed by Upland brewers. This beer will be entered in the 2017 Pro-Am competition at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado. The winning beer will also be featured on tap at all Upland locations. Awards are given to second and third place, as well.
Please contact Patrick@uplandbeer.com with any questions