Summary of Role:
The Upland Brewing Company Sales Team seeks a high energy, experienced sales person to join our team. This key team member will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships at all levels of our wholesale partners, as well as with key on and off premise retail accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the targeted distribution and volume goals for each territory.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the key sales people of the assigned wholesalers, to gain a stronger share of mind for the Upland portfolio.
- Educate the sales teams and the retailers about our portfolio of beers.
- Develop specific distribution/ launch plans in conjunction with our wholesalers for our core portfolio, new brands and seasonal offerings.
- Develops and nurtures value-enhancing strategic partnerships with key on and off premise accounts within assigned territory.
- Schedules and conducts regular sales calls with customers including business reviews and programming presentations.
- Adheres to quality standards for product freshness and presentation. Develops and implements POS materials and display enhancers. Responsible for store-level education and support.
- Manages the communication of expectations and timelines among the customer, brewery staff, and distribution partner including product release schedules, volume forecasts, pricing, distribution targets, and support materials.
- Performs administrative duties in a timely fashion (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, surveys, and all other duties as they are assigned).
- Coordinates and participates in regularly scheduled sales meetings among distribution partners and internal brewery staff.
- Maintains and publishes updated account list including detailed communication history.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a myriad of customer-facing events such as festivals, store tastings, beer dinners, brewery tours, educational seminars, etc.
- Responsible for maintain a professional demeaner and presentation at all times – including situations in which alcohol is present.
- Regular travel is required.
Additional duties may be assigned as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for the craft beer industry at large and associated culture
- High “Beer IQ” and insatiable thirst for knowledge of craft beer, brewing processes, and trade information.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to play well with others – create, collaborate, learn, and educate.
- Advanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- A valid driver’s license & clean driving record.
Minimum Education &/or Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 – 5 years of sales/marketing experience within the craft beer industry
Do you think you have what it takes? Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.