- Program goal: to be recognized as one of the ten leaders of the American sour beer movement. (Peer breweries: Lost Abbey, Cascade, Crooked Stave, Wicked Weed, Jolly Pumpkin, Russian River, Allagash, Jester King.)
- Sour program identity: Blended Works of Art.
- This program resides within our larger Philosophy of Beer: One brewery, multiple expressions of the artisan ethos: tradition (Champagne Velvet), exploration (Core Beers), and unique artistry (Sour Program). Also resides within Upland’s company brand goal to be recognized as artisans of well-made beers and progressive Midwestern culture.
- Open and development new markets for the Sour Program under the guidance of the Sours Brand Manager.
- Create and execute high-level field marketing events in new markets that are unique and showcase the Upland Sours Program as a leader in the sour beer category.
- Create and build relationships with distributors, retailers and influencers in new markets to create lasting success for the program.
- In collaboration with the Sours Brand Manager, identify new markets that will be successful with the Sour Ales program.
- Research and document distributors in a given market, providing accurate and sufficient insights (distributor sales strategy, reach, general pros/cons) and make recommendation for which distributor best fits our needs.
- Responsible for Distributor business planning, execution and accountability.
- Responsible for development of market specific sales collateral and field/event execution.
- Create a follow-up strategy in all new markets that will maintain/increase market share and adequately maintain distributor’s knowledge of the brand
Marketing and Branding:
- Participate in new beer development and product line innovation.
- Be a lead voice in the conversation that defines the Sours Program marketing, branding, artwork, imagery, beer descriptions, and beer naming.
- Responsible for social media and influencer work in given markets.
- Maintain relationships with distributor reps and key accounts in given markets to ensure repeat business.
Internal Customer Service:
- Collaborate with operations to ensure efficient and purposeful order fulfillment, with reasonable cost of shipping.
- Collaborate with marketing to properly support events in given markets.
Critical Success Factors
- Deep knowledge about sour ales, and the regional/national market for hi-end specialty beers.
- Strong project planning and implementation skills, specifically written documentation and communication to a diverse and dispersed audience.
- Ability to organize complex (and sometimes conflicting) information, analyze options and alternatives, and develop plans that navigate conflicts and optimize opportunities.
- Ability to make public presentations; host large events; and build relationships within the brewing community.
- Management experience preferred.
This position reports to the Sour Beer Brand Manager.
If this is the job for you, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com